Wednesday, August 7, 2019

13 months - Antigua Otra Vez

Joseph called a little late today - they had gone into Antigua. I just arrived at Thanksgiving Point with the kids for a family outing when he called. We were having trouble with the connection, so I think he and Corey talked but I didn't catch much of it. Good letter, I corrected his spelling and punctuation except for the word gringos, :)
______________________________
       Subject: Antigua Otra Vez            

Buenos Tardes!!

Well it has been a good week. We were super exited last week about this guy named Luis who is/was super duper pillas but for a week and a half we haven't found him. Called. No answer. Knocked. No answer. If you could pray that we will be able to find him (outside of his house like when we contacted him) that would be great because we are hoping that he isn't avoiding us and he is a super bright kid. I say kid even though he is a couple years older than me.

The Mendoza family is reading the Book of Mormon and we are SO close with their papers. I am hoping that they don't transfer me out of the area in 2 weeks or that if they do that the papers get figured out before I leave because I really want to be there for their baptism. They are such an awesome family and will be a great addition to the ward.

We have been teaching Salomon more, who is this older guy (not too old) who is listening to us and reading the Book of Mormon. He is going to come to church soon and is understanding what we are teaching. He talks a lot and gets kind of side tracked during lessons talking about stories in the bible he likes and that he applies to his life and we just know that he will be a great addition to the ward. He thought that we were just lending him the Book of Mormon but now he knows that we gave it to him so he is going to take it a little slower to study it and get more out of it and also mark it up. We are excited for him and also praying that he will receive and recognize that answer from God that these things are true. I love the Book of Mormon and know that it will do its job. It really does testify of our Savior Jesus Christ!!

Also today we went to Antigua again as a zone and it was cool! It is weird because there are a lot of greengos there. It made me feel uncomfortable.

Elder Tercero and I at the famous Antigua Arch!
We also saw these cool ruins! I think it used to be a church. 
Big church. 
But all fell down and great was the fall of it.
Also this week the members who we rent from made us dinner (beans, eggs, and fried plantes which are MY FAVORITE!) and we are outside of our second door in this closed off area and it looked like a romantic dinner!
____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment