Wednesday, February 5, 2020

19 months - A Still Small Voice

____________________________
  Subject: A Still Small Voice       

So this week I lost my voice. I am better now but it was an interesting couple of days trying to work without being able to talk very strong and training. The good thing about it was that Elder Presbitero learned a lot because he had to talk a lot more since I could only talk in a whisper or a super rascal voice. His teaching and contacting is getting a lot better and practicing during companionship study is helping a lot.

It was also interesting because sometimes people don't understand him because of his portuguese accent and sometimes I don't even understand him. But Elder Presbiteros spanish is getting better but sometimes he forgets he is not in Brazil and breaks out in portuguese and doesn't realize it. The funniest part is that normally when he does it he is stressed or worried about something. So he asks me something in portuguese, forgetting that its not spanish, but I don't understand what he wants and then he gets more stressed and takes in more portuguese and it we get nowhere. But he is good and has a lot of excitement to work and talk to everyone. Also this morning he started singing "p-day, p-pday, p-day, p-day" to the tone of "Beat it" by Michael Jackson.

As far as the work goes Sandi an Gaby accepted to pray about getting baptized on the 15th of February this past week! They are doing well and came to church with their mom on Sunday but last night when we went they had not prayed very much about getting baptized but we had a great lesson about how God answers prayers but we have to ask Him and watched the Restoration video as part of that. Also I think their mom Nancy would really get along with my mom because she is all about soy and almond milk and vegetables and all that stuff. Love you Mom!

Claudia also got confirmed this week and had an interview with the Bishop on Sunday for her recommend and is doing great! Her husband also listened last night in the lesson which doesn't always happen and said the prayer at the end even though he didn't want to at first.

When I didn't have my voice and had to talk in a whisper it was amazing how people paid a lot more attention and quieted down because they knew that if they didn't they wouldn't be able to hear me. The Spirit also speaks in a still small voice and if we are not listening and cutting the distractions out of our lives we won't hear it. I encourage you all to do everything to be able to qualify for the Spirits guidance and follow its promptings, especially in sharing the Gospel with others.

That's it for this week but does anyone want to share their plans to prepare for general conference? I would love to hear them.
______________________________

I appreciated the shout out to me and my efforts to follow plant based eating, haha. Also, another fun fact is that I've lost my voice too! It is not totally gone, just really raspy, yesterday and today, and I can't talk high or sing high notes. Joseph didn't get to hear it though cause I missed his phone call. I've noticed the same thing too about the kids kinda paying better attention when I talk softer, but I've missed it cause I can't call out to them strongly like I'm used to. I've noticed that they all yell alot though,

No comments:

Post a Comment