Wednesday, June 27, 2018

First Emails

Elder Wride arrived in Guatemala this morning and is safe in the Guatemala MTC where he will spend the next 6 weeks. (MTC = Missionary Training Center, or CCM in Spanish = Centro de CapacitaciĆ³n Misional)
I'm posting our emails below - first, the quick email I sent to him with some advice a fellow mission mom shared. Two hours later we got the first word from him regarding his safe arrival (I hope his emails get longer than this!). Followed by Corey's reply
___________________________________________

I just saw this on the Guatemala Facebook page from a mom who's son is coming home today... regarding the one hour time limit on computers for writing letters on pday

The one hour time limit is in place once they are in the field as well. My son learn from other missionaries about a little device called the alphasmart 3000, and he could use it to draft emails during the week, the same as writing in a journal. Then he used it to upload the emails on P day. The length and quality of his emails improved dramatically after that point, haha.
___________________________________________

Email Subject: Hasta llegado
I think that's how you say I arrived. There were a ton of missionaries on the plane from SLC to LAX and even more from there to GUA. I'll put in pictures later. They gave me a haircut too. A kid here has an alphabetizer 3000 thing, Elder Strong. There are quite a few kids going to the South mission here. I'm excited. I'm out of time now. Chao
___________________________________________

Great to hear from you! Love you, and excited for this journey with you. Excited to hear more.
PS, It's "He llegado" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment