Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Week 14 Report - Lo De Coy - Super Pillas

___________________________
    Subject: Super Pillas                 

Buenos Dias!!
Well this week has been pretty good.

First off funny story for the week. Monday October 1st was dîa de niño. Translated literally day of child haha. Kids day whatever you want to call it. So a bunch of restaurants had different kinds of promotions or deals. Actually today when we go to the mall we're going to get the 5 Quetz tacos at taco bell because they extended the deal a couple days. 5 QUETZ!! It's about 7-8 Quetzals in a dollar by the way so that is a screaming deal. So that's where we're going to for lunch today. Anyways so one of the things Dominos did was they had the pizza delivery guys deliver the pizza wearing superhero costumes. They deliver pizzas here on moto meaning motorcycle. During the day we saw flash (barry allen) whiz by on a dominos motorcycle and at about 6:30 Monday night superman flew by us, also on a motorcycle delivering pizza. So of course we decided to get pizza for dinner so we could take a picture with a superhero. At about 8:40 on our way home from the NDH we called dominos (by the way delivery here doesn't cost extra) and I asked for a tropical (hawaian) calzzone. Elder Aquino decided he actually wanted chinese food and ordered Lai Lai and the tropical calzzone was 35Q. They told me that to deliver we have to order more then 75Q but Elder Aquino was set on his Lai Lai. I wasn't that hungry but to get up to 75Q I decided to get 2 Nutella and stawberry calzzones (which are amazing) which are 20Q each so that I'd get up to 75Q. Well turns out the hawaiian calzone is only 32Q so I was 3Q short. But I really wanted to get the picture with the superhero on a dominos motorcycle. So I got the cinnamon sticks as well putting me at 87Q. I obviously did not eat all of that food Monday night but I did order it all Monday night in order to get the picture. Well when they got here we ran down the stairs with our cameras and HE WASN'T WEARING A COSTUME! Hahah it was a bit of a letdown. Still a good deal for the food I got though and it was delicious. Well at least in american money it's a good deal. Here it'd be kind of cara (expensive$$) but in US dollars that is 3 calzzones - 1 hawaiian and 2 nutella, and cinnamon sticks delivered to your door for about 12 bucks. That's a pretty great deal I'd say. The hawaiian calzzone itself is less than 5 dollars! Anyways it was sad though that we didn't get the picture we wanted but also really funny. Here are some pics of the 4 boxes of pizza I ordered haha.
IMG_2415.JPG

I had already started to eat one of them when I took this picture.
Also I mentioned the mall, where we usually go for lunch on p-day, and last week I talked about the crepe place.
Elder Zwalhen, from my group, and Elder Erikson, my new district leader from springfield Utah, standing in front of my favorite restaurant in all of Guatemala. Look at all that Nutella!
Here is how the crepe maker works -
IMG_2412.JPG
Then they put on the toppings
IMG_2414.JPG
Last week my crepe was a m&m and peanuts crepe with strawberries and bananas and it was oh so good.

Anyways enough about food and now a little bit about how the work is going here in this part of the Lords vinyard. 
Ronal is going to get baptized on the 13th of October and I'm super excited for him. This week he'll be coming to General Conference with us which I am so excited for you have no idea!! It's going to be amazing as always. We also started teaching Ronal's sister Brenda. Only one lesson but if she decides to join the church as well Ronal could baptize her which would be amazing.
Mario has also been progressing a lot. We had a NDH (Noche de Hogar aka Family Home Evening) with him on Monday with a super awesome family in the ward - President and sister Abadillo. He used to be the stake president and works in the temple but right now they have a calling to teach in the MTC on Sundays so we don't see them at the ward really that much at all but they are awesome and we had a really great lesson with Mario at their house about keeping the sabbath day holy. Mario has a negocio (business) little restaurant place and he's said he's thinking about closing it on Sundays to come to church but he couldn't in September. But after the lesson he could see that is what he needs to do and is coming to conference with us on Sunday! I'm so excited for him also because before the NDH he told us that he wants to serve a mission!! He hasn't even come to sacrament meeting with us yet but he's growing the desire to serve a mission!! And he would be such a great missionary. He's only 20 so like he totally could go on a mission in a year and I really hope he does. I hope Ronal does too. I don't know if there will be anything to compare with the joy when at the end of my mission I could read emails from them starting their missions. That would be so amazing. We also found two other investigators this week that could be prospective missionaries! One is Christian who is 20 and the other is Youri (sounds like Yodi) who is 18. They're both pretty pillas and could progress a lot. Christian I could see getting baptized on the 27th of this month, but he'd have to come to general conference this week. Youri's family is super catholic so we can't really go visit him whenever we want but both Christian and Youri have a strong desire to learn. Oh by the way pillas basically means stud or cool. Elder Aquino described it like it's a little bit more than cool. Someone who is pillas is someone who learns really fast and keeps their commitments and reads right away and is there for appointments. Ronal and Mario are both super pillas and Christian and Youri seem pillas too. We'll have to give them a little more time to see how pillas they really are though. Everyone says pillas and I'm not sure if I've used it in an email or not but if I have now you know what it means. So the work is going good and I think we're going to see lots of miracles this month. The recipie for miracles is Faith, obedience and hard work. This church is the restored church of Jesus Christ here on the earth and I love this work so much.

Tonight we're going watch Meet the Mormons with a bunch of investigators in the capilla including Ronal and Mario and an investigator the hermanas before us were teaching named Griselda. We haven't had one lesson with her but she said she'd come tonight so we'll see. Also here is a picture of our bus ride to la eskala (mall) last week.

IMG_2411.JPG
The buses are usually a lot more crowded than this. The thing is they're so crowded even if I carried my camera on me I wouldn't be able to take it out. Oh also I found a kid wearing BYU pajama pants this week. Not a member but I think his mom is less active. Have a great week and the invitation this week is to invite someone to church. You never know where a simple little invitation like that could go.
Have a great week!!
__________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment