Wednesday, May 29, 2019

11 months - Jutiapa --> Santa Marta

Buenas tardes!!!
This week was a great one! I am now in a new area with a new comp! The area is called Santa Marta and my companion is Elder Chan from Mexico!
IMG_3486.JPG

Santa Marta is in the Florida zone and  I was excited to go to Florida because Elder Erikson was one of the zone leaders and Elder Aquino was also in the zone. But they both got transferred out haha. I'm still super excited about the new zone though! It has 18 missionaries in it and is easily the biggest zone inside the capital.

I have some cool guys in my district and really the whole zone is stacked. Florida is also super close to Montserrat which is the stake where I was born in (Lo de Coy, where I started my mission). And on July 1st the Florida zone, along with others, will move from the Guatemala City South Mission to the Guatemala Antigua Mission! It will be hard to say goodbye to President and Hermana Shumway and all the other missionaries that are staying in the city mission or moving to the east or central mission but it's the Lord's work wherever we are.

We had a cool experience in Jutiapa on Thursday though! Our appointments fell through in the morning so we went to a back-up plan and on the way there we passed this house and the door was open and we said "buenas!"to the people inside as we passed by like we always do. And then it was a prompting so subtle it would have been SO EASY to just dismiss it but the prompting to go talk to them was there and we were SO grateful we followed it! They let us right in and turns out the mom has family members who have been members of the church for a long time in Jutiapa. And the dad has some nephews that just recently got baptized! It was so cool to find that connection and they came to church on Sunday! Well the dad and the son did who are both named Jairo. It was super cool and they want to keep coming and learning more. From things that have happened recently in the family I think Jairo has really been prepared and humbled to listen to us. I won't see their progress because I am now in the cap but hopefully I hear soon that they got baptized!

Also because of the mission change they had to close Jutiapa 3. So Elder Castillo is staying in Jutiapa 2 and Elder Cardona is going from Jutiapa 2 to 3 but will still have a lot of what was Jutiapa 3 in what is now Jutiapa 2 so that's good because they'll both know the area.

And I little over a day in Santa Martha now. The area is a lot smaller than Jutiapa but it seems like a great ward from the members I've met so far! I have a super runny nose and I think it's most from the change of climate but it also might be because the house is super humid. I think it's from mold in the walls and that it might have contributed to making me a little sick but I think I'm not that sick. Just little bit of gripe.

And I haven't met them yet but apparently there is a family that is super close to baptism and they are hoping for it to be in June but they are waiting for some paperwork to get through so they can get married. And there is another lady named Valesca who is also going to get married and baptized next week! So we're going to focus a lot on them and I'm excited for the rest of this change!

I didn't get a pic of the zone this week or of the house but I'll send those next week. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment