Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Week 16 Report - Lo De Coy - Bautismo de Ronal!!

The email this week from Joseph - two pictures of his cute face, hooray!
________________________________________
    Subject: BAUTISMO DE RONAL!!!!              

Alrighty this week was FANTASTIC. Of course it has had its ups and downs but I'm really learning a lot and God really does hear our prayers.

First off, spiritual thought connected to that. Monday night was kinda rough. We had a bunch of visits planned and they all just kind of fell through one by one. So we went by some contacts and people we'd visited before. No luck either and so called one family we visited a while ago. They didn't seem that interested but could progress a lot. The guy mostly wasn't sure about Joseph Smith as a prophet and the Book of Mormon but all we'd left with him was the folleto "The Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith". Anyways so we called them and asked when we could come back and visit them and he said "mejor munca"meaning better never haha because he doesn't want to be playing with religions and there was just generally a lot of rejection on monday. So when we got back to the house I was super discouraged plus Elder Aquino and I weren't super united as a companionship that day. So I went to my bed with my Book of Mormon and prayed to get confort and know what to do and I read EXACTLY the chapter I needed to read. Mosiah 14 which is Abninadi quoting Isaiah 53. I remember studying these verses in Seminary with Brother Totton Sophomore year and it just helped me so much. I invite you all to read that chapter, especially if you have had a rough day.

Ronal was also baptized this week!!!!!!
IMG_6088.JPG
We were so excited for him and he was so ready and he also received the priesthood on Sunday. The baptism was originally planned for Saturday night but last minute Ronal called and asked if we could move it to Sunday because his sister wanted to come so we moved it so Sunday morning at 8. He didn't get there till about 8:30 though and we were way stressed but he came! And his mom and sister who are seventh day Adventists came and we're starting to teach them too. So we had to cut a bunch of stuff out of the program to have time for the most important part and the bishop baptized Ronal. It was amazing and Ronal is gonna do a lot of great things in the world.
This week I also went on divisions twice. Once was to Nueva Montserrat with Elder Zwahlen from my group! I didn't get a picture with him but we walked all over the place. His area is super super flat and looks all the same to me. A lot of citas fell through and so we were walking around/standing for about 6 hours straight until we finally got in to teach a recent convert. We watched the John Tanner movie which I've never seen before and I LOVED it. I would highly recommend it. It's about this guy named John Tanner in the early days of the church who's leg was healed and he literally gave up everything for the church. Then that night when we got back we ordered dominos and it was great. I really believe Dominos is better in Guate.

Then yesterday I was on divisions with Elder Erikson in his area Nueva Vida and his area is SO PRETTY!!
IMG_2471.JPG
I want to go there. It is so so green. Nueva Montserrat is super flat and Nueva Vida has a TON of hills and part of the day we were in this little village called aguacate (avacado) and we could see the whole valley and it was gorgeous.

Also miracle this week is about a girl named Lorena. Well we'll see if its a miracle haha we found her the friday before general conference  and she came to conference. She also cem  to church this sunday and afterwards we had a lesson with her and she called us that night saying that when she got home she was really sad so she decided to pray and got an answer and that she wants to be baptized this week! This week wouldn't be possible because they need to come to church 3 times so she could get baptized next week and basically before Elder Aquino leaves on the 30th haha. She is 18 but has come to church twice so we left her a few chapters of the Book of Mormon to read to see if she's really serisous about this and not just a snake. We're also going  to ask president what he thinks in interviews tomorrow. But anyways she could be baptized on the 27th which would be totally a miracle.

Tomorrow we're going to the temple to do a session as a zone and then we have interviews with President Shumway and I am SO EXCITED! Today in the morning we went to a buffet place and they had this birthday thing where all the workers came over and put a sombrero on whoevers birthday it was and sang. We saw them to do it to a few people in the resteraunt and then the other Elders in my zone told them that it was my birthday even though its not and before I knew what was going on the workers put a sombrero on my head and a plate of ice cream in my hand and started singing super loud hahaha it was super embarrasing. Then went bowling as a zone before coming to the stake center here  in Montserrat to write.

Also I invite you all to find something called  the riccardi letter and read it. Especially if you're about to leave the MTC or are in your training. Elder Erikson showed it to me on divisions and it is amazing.

That's it for this week! Mucho amor!!
________________________________________

Here's a link to the Church video about John Tanner, or here is the youtube version of it, although with Vietnamese subtitles.

I watched it tonight - it is really good. I'm surprised that the video has been around since 2010 and I haven't seen it or heard about it. Maybe that was at John's request - cause he really does want his treasure to be in heaven and not on earth. What a great example. I loved the prayer they show Joseph say - "...That a miracle might be performed, that thy holy purposes may come to pass, we petition for thy mercy and help in sending us one with means to pay the mortgage and save the temple..." I want to pray like that, I am going to.

Also, after some googling, I found the Ricciardi letter. Here is a link to the Ricciardi letter that I put on my "spiritual blog".  It's long, I have just started to read it, but it is good. Here is a link of Fabrizio Ricciardi's pictures and profile on Mormon.org.
Also the recap of a 2014 talk given at the MTC by Elder Uchtdorf where he mentions Elder Ricciardi. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment